I’m using this page to compile and share some New York City and CUNY-specific resources for getting through the current situation. It will be continuously updated, but is now focused on Lehman College offices/services you may not know about.
- See full instructions for campus protocols and what do do if you catch the virus here
LAPTOP AND TABLET LOANS
- Lehman has a loaner program for computers/tablets if you don’t have a reliable one and for wireless hotspots for home use. Fill this form (link) out to get on the list!
- Lehman offers small emergency grants for enrolled students in the event of sudden job loss, theft of a laptop, etc. Details and application form are at the Student Affairs website
- Lehman has a small residence hall (a.k.a. dormitory) near the college and offers assistance finding housing elsewhere, too. See the Housing/Residential Services site for details
- Lehman’s Food Pantry can help you keep food on the table to sustain you!
- Lehman’s Child Care Center offers subsidized rates child care for children of students attending classes
HEALTH/ WELLNESS/ EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
- Lehman’s Counseling Center has trained, caring professionals who can help you deal with feeling overwhelmed and also has support groups and study skills seminars through the semester. People there are friendly, helpful and will be kind to you when you call, stop by, or drop in online
- Disability services can help if you’ve ever been diagnosed with a learning issue (for example: dyslexia) or any other medical issue or disability.
- If you’ve served in the armed forces, seek out the Office of Veterans and Military Affairs for support navigating college, dealing with the VA, etc.